Monday 10 April 2017

Caprice Chalet - Bakery Rooms

At the Caprice Chalet, you can create different themed rooms and rent them to characters in the game. Only certain themed rooms can be rented out to characters and must have specific items placed in them to fit into a rental category. This post will look at the bakery themed rooms and renting them to characters.

Bakery rooms are similar to other food shop themed rooms as they are set up like a business with food items for sale. Bakery rooms must have a shelf item such as the Bakery Showcase and a cash register. The room must be decorated with bread or savory themed food miniatures. Ideal food miniatures to use include baguettes, bagels, pizza and bread basket. It's a good idea to place a few tables around the room to give it a cafe feel. Some bakery themed miniatures are unlocked through completing photo shoots. For example, the baguettes shown below are unlocked via completing the 'Freshly Baked Cakes' photo shoot.



Characters will appear at your boutique with a small house symbol above their head. Select this character and they will tell you how they noticed a room at the Caprice Chalet that had a certain theme. With bakery themed rooms, the character will talk about how they are interested in running a bakery and wanting to become a baker.


The character will request to rent the room out and you can either select yes or no. The rental periods for rooms is 24 hours and renting out rooms is a good method for earning money without effort in the game.


Characters will stay in the Caprice Chalet room for about 24 hours. When you visit the Caprice Chalet, rooms that are rented out will have a small person icon displayed on them. If you select this room during the rental period, the character will tell you how they are going or how business is doing. Visit the room after the 24 hour period and the character is ready to leave the room. They will thank you for allowing them to rent the room and tell you how they went. The character will then pay you the rental fee for using the room. The rental fee for bakery themed rooms is $1000.


For more information on decorating rooms and the Caprice Chalet, please refer to Caprice Chalet Master Guide for links to all the Caprice Chalet and Miniatures guides.
 

10 comments:

  1. I decorated a room in Caprice Chalet like the picture in the Autumn Goods DLC guide, and one of my customers came in asking to use it to run their own cafe. I even called it Autumn Eats. But the room didn't even have a cash register. How can one possibly rent out a cafe/bakery room with no cash register in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have enough food themed miniatures and some cafe miniatures, people may call it a cafe. The cash register is only listed in the guide because if you have one of these in the room, customers will refer to it as a rentable room 100% of the time.

      Delete
  2. Wait...have you done sweet shop? It's just a variation to bakery; sweets, cakes, etc. Still $1000. If you hadn't, could you verify my information? Do write up the article and publish it as you see fit. It'll help plenty users. Thank you for doing this. Oh yeah, I can confirm your recommendation works well. -Anon from Fortune Teller Caprice Chalet


    P.S. I freaking discovered you could actually buy from Evie's boutique! Wot?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have done sweets shop room. There should be a guide coming out about it one day in the future.

      You can purchase items from Evie's room and any other rooms you download from players.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I'll look forward when it comes up :) Sadly, there is no style savvy players at my area. Maybe they crowd in the city. I'm a newbie and I skip Style Savvy 1 and 2, so there's that. How about beautician and boutique? Sorry, I won't harass you any further after this...

      Delete
    3. You don't have to streetpass people to download rooms. You can download rooms using room codes using the connect feature. There's a guide with a whole database of rooms you can visit listed in the Guide Index page.

      Yes, you can make beauticians shop and a boutique. Both are $1000. Guides will be coming out about those one day in the future as well :)

      Delete
    4. Thank you for your reply. Sorry I'm gone too long X) I've done experimenting: my beautician sometimes rent out as florist, and sweet shop too as cafe. What an incredible multi-functional room! Unlocking cooking room and garden as well. And I'm tired trying to sell out all my remaining stock, from 1000 to 57 now. I know, I know I could do stock management just because I want profit. Please don't reply if you don't want to prolong this conversation. I'm annoying and I know it. Just want to share my happiness. Right, see ya. Have a happy day styling.

      Delete
    5. That' ok :) Yes, if a room has certain items in it, sometimes customers will refer to it as different rooms.
      I've done the stock management thing to. It worked better in the previous game as customers came in wanting different requests and styles. This game only has a limited amount of requests.

      Delete
    6. Not to mention the frustration with the mannequin. I've had plenty of times where a customer would not buy an outfit I put on the mannequin because it wasn't their preferred style. It's really frustrating when you're trying to clear some stock from one brand.

      Delete
    7. I've found customers will not buy an outfit on a mannequin if it's been there a few days. So I change it often and try to put items I know will sell straight away.
      If you are having trouble selling a mannequin outfit with a certain style, you need to redecorate your boutique to that style. Recently I switched my boutique design to eastern and only put eastern items on the mannequin and they sold straight away. Now I've switched to chic and done the same with the mannequin and they sell too! So that's what you need to do if the mannequin isn't selling and you want to get rid of items quick.

      Delete