Friday 28 October 2016

Fashion Shows

Fashion Shows play an important role in Style Boutique 2/Style Savvy 3 and can increase the amount of customers that visit your Boutique. You have the opportunity to become a model and walk the catwalk in a number of different themed shows. During the main story line of the game, you will need to hold a number of fashion shows to complete the main story line and unlock new features in the game.


Visit Beaumonde Arena at Taylor Arcade to hold a fashion show. When you enter the Arena, you will be greeted by Ricky who is in charge of managing the fashion shows. A screen will appear with the following options: Choose A Theme, Choose A Venue, View Ticket Sales and Open The Fashion Show.


There are a number of things you must complete before the fashion show begins. First, you must choose a theme and venue. You are unable to select Open The Fashion Show until you choose a theme and venue and all tickets are sold. 

The first step is to select a theme. Different themes are available throughout the year and range from themes such as seasons, Halloween, tea parties and weather. Select the Choose A Theme option and the following screen will appear.


These six symbols represent the six categories that the themes fall under. The symbols DO NOT represent a specific style or image of clothing as multiple styles fall into each category. The six symbols represent the following categories:
  • Cute (Red Heart)
  • Cool (Grey Small Sprite)
  • Fun (Orange Bubbles)
  • Grown-Up (Purple Rose)
  • Unique (Rainbow Star)
  • Individual (Blue Icon) 
The game does not give you hints at what specific style will fit the theme and bases your final score on how well your outfit, hairstyle and makeup matches the theme. Multiple styles fall under each category and you need to pick the one you feel best matches the theme. Here is a guide on what styles belong to each category (please note that this is a rough guide based on experiments conducted and other players may have found outfits they created fitted into these categories):
  • Cute - Girly, Baby-Doll, Lively and Preppy.
  • Cool - Bold, Rock, Basic and Sporty.
  • Fun - Lively, Sporty and Psychedelic.
  • Grown-Up - Feminine, Chic, Bold, Basic and Preppy. 
  • Unique - Psychedelic, Boho, Eastern, Gothic, Rock and Chic.
  • Individual - Choose whatever style you wish.

Here is an example of a fashion show theme that falls under the Unique category. You will notice how the theme gives no clue on what the specific style is for the fashion show and you can interpret it how you wish.


Next you need to choose a venue for the fashion show. Select the Choose A Venue icon and you will be presented with five options. Select the one you thinks fits the theme best.



Now you need to sell tickets to the fashion show. When you serve customers at your Boutique, the Beautician or Hair Salon, they will occasionally be rewarded with tickets to the fashion show once they pay you for the service.


Ricky will keep you up to date on how ticket sales are coming along and send you messages on the progress. You can select the View Tickets Sales option at Beaumonde Arena to see how many tickets you have sold.




Models from the fashion show may visit your Boutique requesting an outfit for the show. This is a good opportunity to try and guess what style may match the theme. The models will not give you a hint at what style they are after but you can use the Take A Look option to take three turns to guess. Many players have stated that they never have models visit their Boutique or have them visit all the time. It seems to be random for when they appear at your Boutique. 


Once you have sold enough tickets, Ricky will send you a message saying the fashion show is ready to start. You do not need to head over to Beaumonde Arena straight away, the fashion show is available to start whenever you like. When you exit out of the shop you are currently in, Laurie will greet you and remind you to head over to Beaumonde Arena when you are ready.




Now it's time to start the fashion show! Select the Open The Fashion Show option to begin.


You now need to select an outfit, hairstyle and make-up set to wear in the fashion show. You will receive score out of five based on how well your overall outfit fits the theme of the show. It is quite difficult to get a five star rating as there is no one set outfit to match the theme perfectly. It all depends on what items you have in personal wardrobe and choosing a hairstyle or make-up set to match. 


The items you have available for the outfit are the ones you have in your personal wardrobe (every single item you have purchased at the Exhibition Hall, personal designs, DLC and amiibo items). You can only choose from the hairstyles available in the hairstyle portfolio and the make-up sets available in your make-up box. Here is the outfit I created for this fashion show and I focused on using Psychedelic items. However, even though this outfit had all items that fell under the psychedelic style, they were from different brands which hurt the overall score of the outfit.

My Kyary Pamyu Pamyu inspired outfit for the fashion show.

Once you are happy with your outfit, select the OK button and you will be greeted by Laurie and one of the models who will make a remark about the style of your outfit. 


Next, it's your turn on the catwalk. Once you are on the stage, the game will display the following options on the bottom screen of the 3DS. The three icons on the left are poses you can make and the three icons on the right are sparkles you can add to your character. Each stage has different poses and sparkle effects. The game allows you to take screenshots during the fashion show.

The three poses available on this stage.

Once the fashion show is complete, the game will inform you that posters around the city have changed and will now display your final pose from the fashion show. The game will now award you with a score out of five on how well your overall outfit matches the theme. My outfit was awarded a score of three stars. If you have chosen the Individual theme option, the game will rank your outfit based on different themes such as cute, unique and cool. For information on a Five Star outfit, please refer to this guide.


Characters from the game will greet you after the show and tell you what a great job you did. They will comment on the aspect of your outfit they liked the most and request you give them the same style (hardly ever happens though, just a programmed conversation). Ricky will compliment on how well the show went and say someone brought you a miniature as a gift.


Customers will now race to your Boutique to request an outfit based on the style you wore at the fashion show. Fashion shows are a great way to attract customers to your Boutique who like a certain style. For example, if you wear a Chic outfit in a fashion show, the customers that visit your Boutique will be requesting a chic outfit and will spend up to $17,000 on an outfit. 


Now you can start planning for your next fashion show! Head back to Beaumonde Arena to select a new theme and venue. You can complete in the same show again if you wish to try getting a better score. Tickets for the next show will sell even if you do not choose a new theme and venue straight away.

For further information on outfits that have won five stars, please visit the following guides:

Here are some examples of scores from fashion shows in Style Boutique 2/Style Savvy 3.







49 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting this guide together!
    I haven't gotten higher than 4 stars yet; do you know if there is a unique reward for reaching 5 stars, or is it just for one's self-satisfaction?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The few times I've got five stars I think I just got a more expensive/rarer miniature as a gift from Ricky.

      Delete
    2. Can you share your five star assembles?

      Delete
    3. Not sure if I have any screenshots of my outfits, but I'll check later on.

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO much for this guide, especially the images included in each category. I think this will help with modeling jobs as well! I have been going off of advice posted elsewhere that put only two images in each category (except Individual). So, because I was thinking that Cool only meant Bold or Rock, I would be confused when the theme had to do with sports. Instead of using Streetflow clothes, I would try to put something sporty-looking together with AZ-USA and then wonder why I only scored 3 stars. I think I've scored 4 stars once, maybe twice - never 5 stars. As a bit of a perfectionist, it's frustrating. I too would like to know if scoring 5 stars has any significance beyond personal satisfaction - an extra-special miniature from Ricky, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, hope the guide helped. Fashion show themes are the most difficult thing to figure out. It seems to be based off the theme rather than a style, but I noticed you lose points if the outfit has too many brands. And it is important to choose a hairstyle that matches the theme as that seems to count towards the score significantly.
      I think you just get a rarer/more expensive miniature gift from Ricky if you get five stars. Nothing exciting if you've collected most of the miniatures anyway.

      Delete
  3. I've had a problem where if I dress 2 models for the fashion show, only one of them will show up. ._.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's random on how many models will turn up to the shop. Sometimes none will show up, sometimes one and I've only ever had both come a few times. Keep checking the characters standing around your boutique in case the other model is waiting. But yes, it's totally random at whether they'll show up or not.

      Delete
    2. >_>
      I'm not talking about the shop. I said I dressed two models. I'm talking about them showing up to the fashion show after I dress them. Two people will come to my shop to be dressed. I dress them, but then when I go to the show, one of the models there is one of the ones I dressed, and the other is not.

      Delete
    3. Ah yes, I understand what you mean. I believe that is because of the game's programming and it just generates models sometimes. I've had that as well. Also happens when Callie asks for a fashion show outfit yet she is never actually in the fashion show. So it's just something in-game you can't change

      Delete
  4. My beaumonde arena got shut. When i try to enter adelaid and her brother show up talking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to serve Adelaide at your boutique to convince her to hold a fashion show. Been a while since I played that part, but I think you talk to Evie about opening Enid Chen. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  5. What should I wear to the contest that says graceful winter outfit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say something from the brand Chorale as it sounds like a feminine theme.

      Delete
  6. If you're trying to get 5 stars, it's not just the outfit that has to meet the Fashion Show theme, but also the hairstyle. I used a Long Half Ponytail hairstyle with a Swept Back fringe, along with a Feminine outfit, to get 5 stars for the Grown-Up theme.

    I'm not too sure if make-up plays a factor as well though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the hairstyle does make a difference as the guide mentions. The hairstyle must fit within the theme as should the make-up as well. It can be difficult to create the perfect combination from your portfolio though if you are not prepared and only have crazy hairstyles in there (like what happened to me once haha).

      Delete
    2. I wish I could show an image of the outfit here, but I don't think that you're able to post images on your comments.

      Delete
    3. Unfortunately images can't be posted in comments. I do follow style savvy/style boutique on tumblr if you use that as that's where I see a lot of other players photos

      Delete
    4. I do have a Miiverse account that you could refer to. For added convenience though, I'll just post two image links that showcase the grown-up theme outfit (and hairstyle) that gave me 5 stars.

      https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69j6hHakzTaZaXT
      https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69j6hOxUOYQri7r

      Delete
    5. Thanks for those! That's an excellent outfit!

      Delete
  7. I found a forum about the hair "themes" for Style Savvy 3, and one post had a list of some of the make-up sets with the styles that go with them.

    Orchid Purple - Gothic, Bold
    Wide-Eyed Wonder - Girly, Basic
    Eastern Elegance - Eastern
    Catkin Kitten - Lively, Baby Doll
    Fairy Apple - Baby Doll, Gothic
    Elevenses - Girly, Baby Doll
    Peacock Plumage - Chic, Feminine (Tarquin described this set as "elegant.")
    Halloween Highlights - Gothic, Rock
    Garden Green - Boho-Chic, Eastern, Basic
    The Dressing Room - Chic, Bold
    Safari - Boho-Chic, Psychedelic
    Dreamland Reverie - Lively, Psychedelic
    Grunge Phantom - Gothic, Rock
    Pretty Ditty - Feminine, Girly
    Sketchbook Sunday - Lively, Sporty
    Toybook Central - Girly, Lively
    Homemade Broth - Boho-Chic, Psychedelic, Lively

    The person who made this list said these were just guesses, so I don't know if they're the perfect matches. Maybe it'll help with choosing the make-up for the fashion shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not harm in trying them and see how they go :) I always like to experiment but usually I go with what looks nicest with the outfit

      Delete
  8. I did the Psychedelic fashion show and ended up with two stars. I tried a make-up set that had a bit of green it in but apparently it didn't work. I also couldn't think of hairstyles that fit under "psychedelic", so I went with a ponytail. That didn't work either. What do you know about psychedelic outfits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psychedelic outfits are impossible to coordinate with. I like the call that style 'chuck a bunch of random pieces together and hope it looks good' haha. I tend not to use them too much and if I do, I usually use the ones that match together like the airline hostess style dresses.

      Delete
    2. ^Same! I call it that too

      Delete
  9. I'd try the afro, the pageboy cut (so ugly, reminds me of mushrooms but anyway...), or maybe the pixie. BTW, I was the one who posted that list of makeup sets that you referenced above. :-D I must not have had the Galactic Ranger set at the time. I'd definitely give that one a try for Psychedelic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great list :) Yes, Galactic Ranger is a crazy looking set so I would try that one maybe

      Delete
    2. I don't know if you have Cosmos 9 or Sweet Silk, but I think the second one would fall into Girly or Baby Doll. I'm not sure about Cosmos 9 though.

      Delete
  10. Just got a five star grown up using the valentines makeup set so i think valentines make up set also falls under grown up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know :) I'll remember that for future fashion shows

      Delete
  11. I'm having trouble with the Cool fashion show. I was supposed to put together a cool outfit with winter colors. Laurie said that my outfit was so grown-up, so I must not have had the right items. Also, I couldn't get the hair and make-up to match. I thought Grunge Phantom would work, but no luck. How do I put together ensembles for cool fashion shows like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure luck really :) There is no way to tell what exact items will work unless you copy an outfit from another player that they have said will work. Fashion shows are rather annoying with this whole thing

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I finally got five stars on a fashion show. I did "Hit the Slopes", and my outfit consisted entirely of pieces from AZ-USA. It was a Fierce Print T-Shirt, a Love Logo Biker Jacket, Stressed Jeans, Chunky Boots, a Striped Woollen Scarf, and a Skull Beanie. The make-up set I used was Orchid Purple, and my hairstyle was the Layered Crop with an M-Shaped fringe.

      Delete
    4. Great to hear you got 5 stars! :)

      Delete
  12. Now I'm struggling with Eastern fashion shows. One Individual show asked me to put together a unique eastern outfit, so I used clothing items from the Japanese brand(I forget what it's called). The first time I did the show, I got two stars. I did the show again with a Chignon and the Garden Green make-up set, but I still only got two stars. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fashion shows are the hardest thing in the game. Maybe try a different hairstyle like the side buns and I think there's an Eastern make-up set (Eastern Elegance maybe?). I haven't got 5 stars in an eastern one yet, so I'm not sure what outfit works best. But something from Kanokoi should definitely be eastern themed.

      Delete
  13. Can someone​ please give me a five star bold\cool outfit it's the only one i cant get

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting a bold/cool outfit for fashion shows today. Please check back soon :)

      Delete
  14. Regarding Fashion Forward, I disliked how after a fashion show that every customer would ask for a whole outfit in that show's theme. It got repetitive! I've sold enough tickets for the next show but I have been avoiding Beaumonde Arena for some time b/c I'm afraid it will happen again! Do you know at what point customers will stop asking for the theme of the fashion show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It got so boring after a while, especially when I was trying to get five stars in the fun theme and all I sold for months was lively items.
      It depends with how long they'll ask for it. I found with themes like eastern, psychedelic and boho that they stopped asking after a few requests. But with ones like girly or lively, they'll ask for a few days.

      Delete
  15. Hello! I did the free theme show and it showed me stars for several themes at the end. Will they reset once I try again or I'm supposed to complete them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you do the free theme show, it just shows you all the themes and which ones your outfit corresponded to the best. They will reset the next time you do a free theme one. It's a good way to figure out what outfits match what style as you get to see all the themes displayed at the end.

      Delete
  16. What stage backgrounds are fit for certain themes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have guides on how to get five stars on each theme and you can find these under the Guide Index. Check those out for ideas of what backgrounds work with what themes, but it's a good idea to experiment with different ones to see if they match the outfits you make.

      Delete
  17. After the first fashion show, do you get to have all the NPCs dress up again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everytime you complete a fashion show, customers will head straight to your Boutique to request an outfit based off the style from your latest show. Make sure to stock up on items based on the style you used in the show and if you are unsure of the style customers are looking for, they will tell you the exact one they are looking for straight away.

      Delete
  18. What is your favorite of the different venues?

    ReplyDelete