Saturday 27 August 2016

Caprice Chalet - Types of Rooms & Renting

There are a number of different types of rooms you can design at the Caprice Chalet and the type of room you design will affect the amount of rent you can collect from it. Customers will visit your boutique asking if they can use your room at the Caprice Chalet and will stay in the room for 24 hours. After this time, visit them at the Caprice Chalet and they will give you the rent money. Customers will pay between $300 to $1000 a day to use different types of rooms.

For information on decorating rooms, please refer to this guide.

The types of rooms you can design at the Caprice Chalet and the requirements for them include:
  • Cat Room - Any room that has a cat miniature in it. Customers will comment about wanting to play with the cute animal. Rent is $300.
  • Dog Room - Any room that has a dog miniature in it. Customers will comment about wanting to play with the cute animal. Rent is $300.
  • Boutique - A room that is decorated like a clothing store and has a counter with a cash register. Rent is $1000.
  • Items Shop - A room that is decorated with miscellaneous small items and is set up like a boutique (with little clothing items). Customers will comment about selling knick-knacks and this room must have a counter with a cash register. Rent is $1000.
  • Cafe - A room that is decorated with food items and set up like a cafe or bakery (uses showcase displays). Rent is $1000.
  • Kitchen - A room that is decorated with kitchenware, cooker and sink. Rent is $500.
  • Bedroom - A room that contains a bed and other furniture items. Customers will comment about wanting to relax or read a book.
  • Florist - A room decorated with flowers and plants. Contains displays and a counter with a cash register. Rent is $1000.
  • Flower Room - A room that is similar to a florist but characters will request to hire it as they enjoy being surrounded by flowers and will not be selling them. Rent is $500.
  • Concert Hall - A room decorated with electronic items and set up like a music room. Customers will comment about practicing and rocking out.
  • Fortune Teller - A room containing a crystal ball miniature. Rent is $1000.
  • Beautician - A room decorated with beautician counters, mirrors and chairs. Set out like a make-up salon. Rent is $1000.
  • Hair Salon - A room decorated like a hair salon with counters, mirrors and chairs. Set out like a hair salon. Rent is $1000.
  • Model - A room with a mannequin and no set theme. Customers will comment about practicing their modelling skills. Rent is $1000.
  • Office - A room set up like an office and is decorated with miniatures themed around stationery. Rent is $800.
  • Sewing - A room set up like a space for sewing clothes and has a sewing machine in it. Other miniatures to use include the sewing kit and clothing displays with clothing placed on them. Rent is $1000.
  • Bag Boutique - A room set up similar to a boutique but sells only handbags. Rent is $500.
  • Dining or Banquet Room - A room set up like a dining room with tables and chairs as if you would be sitting down to eat a meal.
  • Shoe Room - A room set up similar to a botuique, but only has shoes placed in it. Customers will rent this room to be surrounded by shoes all day long and will not be selling them. Rent is $500.
  • Bakery - A room set up as a bakey that sells savory food items such as bread. Rent is $1000.
  • Sweets Shop - A room set up like a sweets or candy shop. Contains candy themed food miniatures. Rent is $1000.  
  • Luxurious Room - A room that is set up with chic and fancy miniatures. Contains the palace themed wall and flooring and a fancy couch. Rent is $500. 
Sometimes when a room has a certain item it in, customers will want the room just for that one item. For example, I designed a gothic looking bedroom and place a crystal ball in it. One customer wanted to use the room to relax whereas another wanted to use it for fortune telling. This often occurs with animal miniatures, a room could be themed as a florist but if you place an animal miniature, customers will refer to it as a pet room.

Here's some picture examples of the types of rooms.




44 comments:

  1. ¡Hi, thanks for writing these guides!
    You can also set your room as an office/"for study room" (I play in spanish so I don't know how npcs will call these rooms in english, sorry) if you decorate it with desks and books, notebooks, pencils and the like. The rent is $800.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had a person on my tumblr point out the office room as well. I'll add it to the guide soon. Thank you for the information :)

      Delete
  2. Here's something strange. I created (what I thought was) a Halloween costume shop. The first renter called it a pet room because there was a black cat in there. The next day, I removed the cat and the person who rented the room wanted to tell fortunes. There's no crystal ball in there, so there must be other items that trigger a Fortune Teller room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting. Must be a bunch of spooky items that are categorised into fortune telling.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Besides boutiques, there's a Sewing Room where a person rents a room to design clothes. They fare better with clothing items. Rent is $1000

    Edit: I have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do know about this style of room. That's good rent as well :)

      Delete
  5. hi! could you tell me how to remove a renter from a room????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To remove someone who is renting a room, you need to wait until the time is up that they will stay in the room which is about 24 hours. Then you visit the room and they will give you the rent payment and leave.

      Delete
  6. How do I get the crystal ball ive been tryingto forever and i cant find it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should appear for sale at the miniatures shop. Try visiting the room at this address 181-589-3227 as last time I visited it had a crystal ball in it. Add the room to your Dollhouse and you should be able to purchase the item.

      Delete
    2. How do i add the room to my dollhouse??

      Delete
    3. Select the Caprice Chalet from the map, then click the Dollhouse icon. This will bring up a screen that displays the slots in the Dollhouse. Select an empty slot and in the top left hand corner of the screen there is an option for Add Room or Create. Select either of these to add a room.

      Delete
  7. I noticed that some of the rooms listed don't have rental fees. How much are those rooms worth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for pointing that out. I will fix that soon. As for the rental fees, most are $500 and the salon is $1000 I believe. Sorry about that :)

      Delete
  8. I created a florist shop and rented it out to customers for several days. One day, I received $1,000 in rental fees, but another day, I received $500. I don't know if it's a glitch or my room is not decorated enough to look like a florist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The customer may have rented to room for something other than a florist. Florist shop should give you $1000 and it sounds like they rented to either relax or be a model as those pay $500.

      Delete
  9. I want to convert one of my rooms into an office. What miniatures should I get for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The office space I designed had a desk with a chair and items from the misc. section such as magazines, writing set and anything that had a book or paper in it. I also used the photocopier from the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer DLC but I am not sure if this DLC is available for the NA version.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see you've added some new rooms. Now, I have some new designs to experiment with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. I'm slowly updating this guide and posting detailed guides on the types of rooms. Slow project, but it's getting there.

      Delete
  12. If you want to know the fees for some of the other rooms, it's $500 for the bedroom, $1,000 for the banquet room, and $500 for the concert hall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Something funny happened to me today
    Today when to Caprice Chalet to collect the rent from the NPCs who were borrowing rooms from me, one of the them thanked for letting them use the room to sell flowers and gave me the money, but the thing was that this specific room wasn't a florist, it was a hair salon, well there are two vases of flowers in the room but everything else in the room is hair salon stuff. Could the game have thought that it was a florist by mistake because of the vases of flowers? (Most of the time, the NPCs will use it as a hair salon, this is the only time someone used it as a florist)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the customer visits your boutique to request to hire the room, they will tell you what they wish to hire the room for. She would've said it was for a florist as it seems you may have a room with a counter and some flower displays which can fit under the florist room theme.

      Delete
  14. The rent for the luxurious rooms is actually $500.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you tell me why you removed my question please? Because if I said something that you did not like, i'm very sorry because I think your really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I haven't deleted your comment at all, sorry to hear you thought that happened. On my end, I've had a few comments recently removed by the author, but none I've personally deleted.

      Please let me know your question as I would love to help you :)

      Delete
  17. I'm Michelle Kleine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle :) I've replied to you in the above comment. Look forward to hearing from you

      Delete
  18. Hi! I currently have four rooms in the Chalet, but only three are ever being rented. I've lazily done the fourth (just for now) to be filled with shoes, bags, and some clothes, but no one's eve renting it. Do you know why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does happen quite often, I get it as well. Did you try putting a counter and a cash register in it to classify it as a shop?

      Delete
    2. Actually I didn't! However, I edited the room last night to sort of copy Evie's "Verano" room (not exactly; just the layout) hoping that it would bring in customers, and it did! It had the clothes, counter, and register, so I guess without the last two items, the game didn't know how to classify it

      Delete
    3. That's right, boutiques need a cash register and a counter in order for it to be classified as a selling room. I have some guides about it on the blog, just check the Caprice Chalet main page.

      Delete
    4. Yaaay! ^.^ Also I want to thank you sooo much for starting this blog--it's honestly a *gold mine* for information and help!

      Delete
  19. Is there a required number of mirrors/chairs/counters for the hair salon/beautician's? Do they need cash registers? Several of the example rooms seem to lack cash registers when one would think them necessary for the businesses featured...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found they require at least 3 counters/mirrors and chairs. A counter with a cash register it required and it is a good idea to use the hair catalogue display miniature. I have posted guides on designing hair salon rooms.

      Delete
  20. Hi there, I've been trying to get a Florist Room (rent = $1000) but the characters keep renting it as a Flower Room (rent = $500). I've included a cash register and several shelves/displays, but it's still not recognized as a Florist Room. Do you know what I can do to fix it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are two types of rooms, Florist for a shop and Flower room for customers who like being surrounded by flowers. When I decorated a room categorised as a florist, it had the following items: 1 counter, cash register, wooden shelving/table displays, a large number of small potted flower items, some make-up set displays (such as Fairy Apple, Dreamland Reverie), watering can in box, birdcage, mushroom, wild ivy, weeping fig, trowel and seedlings.

      Sorry I haven't posted a guide for florist rooms yet, it's on my list to do. But try a room with those items and see how it goes. There's no set difference between the two rooms, but I found putting smaller potted plants everywhere helped. Just try some trial and error and see how it goes.

      Delete
  21. Stellar guide,as always! Thanks for posting these guides they are super helpful! That being said, am I doing something wrong or am I just unlucky 'cause I created a lively-themed boutique with a till but nobody seems to want to rent it out? Also how did you get that meadow flooring? So far I only have the meadow wall I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can unlock the Meadow Flooring by talking to Magda and having your fortune told.

      Try switching up the miniatures you place in the room. If you put lots of April Bonbon themed clothing miniatures in, that should help.

      Delete
  22. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Mens Formal Wear Color Combinations

    ReplyDelete